Preparing for your spray tan
- Clean, Exfoliated, Product-Free Skin is BEST
- Scrub! Scrub! Scrub! Exfoliation is key for optimum longevity of your Tan!!
- Shave if you'd like. Just make sure you avoid shaving creams. Hair conditioner is a great Substitute
- Hair removal should be done before your spray tan. If you got waxed make sure your the wax technician get ALL of the left over wax that the technician did not get off!
- Hair appointments should be done before your spray tan if your getting highlights or color
- Mani/pedi should be done before your spray tan
- Wear dark, loose fitting clothes to put on immediately after your spray tan ( yes sweat pants, or leggings without the hard indented lines , no jeans)
- There should be nothing on your skin at the time of your Opulence Spray Tan session; this includes sweat, perfume/cologne, deodorant, oil, make-up and moisturizer.
- Having nothing on your skin at the time of your Opulence Spray Tan will ensure that there’s no barrier preventing the formula from working.
- Avoid lotions with mineral oil/petroleum ( it’s basically the “high fructose corn syrup” of beauty products) take a look at our retail products to use at home to protect and maximize your investment!
How to maintain your tan
- During your First shower do a warm water rinse ONLY. Use soap under arms and private area ONLY. Washing your hair is OK:)
- Shower in 5-7 hours if you want a subtle glow!
- Shower in 8-12 hours if you want a deep rich color as if you been to the beach for a week
- Shower before you go to the gym for the first time
- If you are sleeping in your spray tan wear long, loose fitting clothes to sleep in ( the solution will not stain your clothes or linen it will wash out)
- If you are sleeping with your Spray Tan on do not touch your body with your hands, you will wake up with dark palms. We do not spray the palms just the top of the hands.
- Do not keep your spray tan on for more than 12 hours (shower within suggested time period)
Benefits of a spray tan
- Boost your self confidence, feel tan-fastic, look radiant and be the envy of your friends.
- Maintain a healthy, natural, beautiful bronzed glow anywhere and anytime.
- provides a smooth streak-free, even application.
- Accentuate your features and appear slimmer.
- Even out skin imperfections, minimize the appearance of stretch marks and varicose veins.
- Quick and convenient alternative to traditional tanning and its SAFE
- Eliminates tan lines
- Choose your desired level of darkness and achieve instant results
- Band Aids, Pore Strips, Waxing...or anything else that rips the skin.
- Bar Soaps (especially drug store brands)...unless naturally oil-based (like shea butter, goats milk, olive oil, and cocoa butter soaps)
- Lotion body washes like Dove, Jergen's, Oil of Olay and Nivea, among others
- Hair Removal Creams and Shaving with a dull razor
- Baby oil/Mineral oil/Petro-based products
- SPF Oils and Sprays that contain MINERAL OIL! Most have this...so stick with SPF LOTION
- Manicures, pedicures, waxing, facials
OPULENCE LUXE BODY COLLECTION IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR BEST SPRAY TANNING RESULTS!!
- Natural plant oil based lotions and moisturizers!!!
- ALL NATURAL bar soaps and sulfate-free body washes/gel-based
- Baby powders/body powders to reduce lines from sweating
- SPF LOTIONS or tanning oils and sprays that are free of mineral oil. We offer a few brands in-studio that are amazing!
- Gradual tanning lotions/products. We offer a Keep glowing mousse and a rosewater Face Spray tp prolong your tan!!
- If at all possible, you should try to avoid contact with chlorine or excessive sweating inside of closed toed shoes, as both can lead to premature fading of a spray tan. If you notice uneven or premature fading of your spray tan, you can always correct this by touching up your spray tan with an at home tanning product. Please ask your tanning technician for more information.
- There are lots of trick and a ton of additional info on correct products to use and aftercare techniques. These will be shared with you during your first tanning session. Knowing how sunless tanning works and the proper care for the tan will result in close to perfect tan...with flawless fading and maximum longevity. It is your choice whether to use these tips, tricks, and info...
- The average sunless tan last from 5-10 days...depending on your personal factors.